Chi-Kwong Li ()
Ferguson Professor of Mathematics
Department of Mathematics ,
College of William and Mary,
Room 128, Jones Hall, P.O.Box 8795, Williamsburg, Virginia 23187-8795, USA
Tel: (757) 221-2042, Fax: (757) 221-7400,
From here, you can go to:
[ Degrees and Academic Positions
Research | Professional Service |
My pictures ]
[ Awards and Special Lectures |
VITAE in W&M format |
Other Interesting Websites ]
Last updated: January, 2017.
Degrees and Academic Positions:
- B.A. (1982) and Ph.D. (1986).
University of Hong Kong.
- Current positions
- Previous positions
- The College of William and Mary. Chair of the mathematics department, 2002-2007.
- Honorary Professor of Mathematics, University of Hong Kong.,
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Visiting Professor of Mathematics, 2011 Fulbright
- Honorary Professor of Mathematics,
Taiyuan University of Technology, 2009 -2013.
- Heilongjiang University
Honorary Professor, September 2004 - June 2007.
- University of Toronto.
Visiting Professor, August 1998 - July 1999.
Visiting Associate Professor, August 1992 - May 1993.
Visiting Assist. Professor, Spring of 1991.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison.
Van Vleck Assistant Professor, August 1986 - July 1988
- Fall 2017 and Spring 2018. On leave.
- General areas:
Matrix theory, operator theory, combinatorial theory,
quantum information science,
mathematical biology, mathematical education.
- Specific topics:
- Research Papers and Preprints.
[ at William and Mary site|
- Citation Statistics
- Edited volumes and Chapters
- Computer Programs developed by Li
- For plotting different generalized numerical ranges.
- Used in
``Curtis, Drew, Li, and Pragel,
Central Groupoids, Central Digraphs, and Zero-One Matrices $A$ Satisfying $A^2 = J$,
J. Combinatorial Theory,
Series A, 105 (2004), 35-50.''
- Used in
``Li and Pelejo, Decomposition of quantum gates, Int. J. Quantum Inform. 12, 1450002 (2014).''
- Used in
``Huang, Li, Li, Sze, Factorization of Permutations, Electronic J. Linear Algebra (2015), 286-303.''
- Used in
``Li, Pelejo and Wang, Product of two positive contractions
Linear Algebra Appl. 501 (2016), 409-423.''
- Used in the study of
``Combinatorial Aspect of the Combinatorial Game Mahjong'' by Cheng, Li, Li.
- Lecture notes on Numerical Range
Lecture notes of the 2008 IMA Summer School on matrix inequalities.
- Current Editorial Positions:
- International Linear Algebra Society.
president (March 2007 - Feb. 2013), and serving on the board of directors and various
committees since 1990.
- Co-Director, the
International Research Center for Tensor
and Matrix Theory, Shanghai University in China.
Co-director (June, 2016 - present).
Applied Algebra and Optimization Research Center (AORC), Sungkyunkwan University in South Korea.
Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) member (July, 2016 - present).
- Reviewer for Mathematical Reviews, and various research journals.
- Orangization of workshops, meetings, mini-symposia, etc.
Meetings in 2017 and beyond.
Workshop on Matrices and Operators (MAO),
Suzhou University of Science and Technology and Xi'an-JiaoTong Liverpool University,
Suzhou, July 19-21, 2018.
The 2017 Korea-China International Conference on Matrix Theory and Application (ICMTA 2017) will be held in Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon in Korea, December 14-17, 2017.
2017 workshop on Matrix/Operator Theory and Their Applications (MOTA),
Sungkyunkwan University, May 20 - June 2, 2017.
2017 workshop on Matrix Inequalities and Matrix Equations (MIME),
Shanghai University, June 6-8, 2017.
Workshop on Matrices and Operators (MAO), Hunan University, Changsha, June 9-12.
``Linear Algebra and Quantum Information Science''
2017 International Linear Algebra Conference, Iowa State University, July 24-28, 2017.
Meetings in 2016 and before.
- Organization of the workshop series on Numerical Ranges and Numerical Radii.
[2016, Soochow University, Taiwan, June 28-30.],
[2014, Sanya, July 28 - August 1. ]
[2012, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, July 9-12. ]
[2010, Krakow, Poland ]
[2008, Williamsburg, Virginia, USA ]
[2006, Bremen, Germany ]
[2004, Coimbra, Portugal]
[2002, Auburn-Alabama, USA] [2000, Naflio, Greece] [1998, Madison-Wisconsin, USA]
[1996, Sapparo, Japan] [1994, Coimbra, Portugal]
[1992, Williamsburg-Virginia, USA]
- Organization of workshop series on Matrices and Operators (MAO)
[2016, Jeju National University, Korea, July 3-7.]
[2015, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi'an, July 19-21.]
[2014, Hainan Normal University, Haikou,
[2013, Beijing Normal
Harbin Engineering University, Harbin ]
[2011, EUSTC, Chengdu]
[2010, Taiyuan University of Technology,
[2009, National Sun
Yat-sen University, Kaoshiong]
University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong]
[2007a, University of Hong Kong, Hong
Kong] [2007b, University of Hong
Kong, Hong Kong]
- Joint meetings of the
"International Research Center for Tensor and Matrix Theory (IRCTM)", Shanghai University, China,
"Applied Algebra and Optimization Research Center (AORC)", Sungkyunkwan University,South Korea.
2016 China-Korea International Conference on Matrix Theory with Applications,
Shanghai University, December 28-31.]
- Organization of workshop series on Matrix Inequalities and Matrix Equations (MIME)
Shanghai University, June 8-10, 2016.
Shanghai University, June 28-30, 2015.
- Organization of workshops and mini-symposia on Quantum Information Science
- Tsinghua Sanya International
Mathematics Forum, July 13-17, 2015
Summer workshop at Shanghai University, June 2015.
- Summer workshops and summer school at Taiyuan [ [2013| 2012| 2011].
Minisymposium on Quantum
Information and Computing at International Linear Algebra Soceity (ILAS) Conferences.
[Lueven, Begium, July 11-15, 2016]
Seoul, South Korea, August 6-9, 2014 ]
Providence, June 3-7, 2013. ]
- Organization of other workshops and mini-symposia:
Awards and Special Lectures:
- Special lectures and lecture series.
- 2014 Lecture series in quantum information science, Shanghai University, January.
- 2012 Public lecture on Quantum
computing to Hong Kong high school students and teachers
- 2011, 2012, 2013 Summer School on Quantum
Information Science, Taiyuan, Shanxi, China.
- 2011 Lecture series on quantum computing at the Academia Sinica, Taiwan, December.
- 2010 Summer School on Diversities in
Quantum Computation/Information, Kinki University, Japan, August 1 - 5, 2010.
- 2009-2010 Y.C. Wong Visiting Lectureship, University of Hong Kong.
- 2008 IMA PI Summer Program
for Graduate Students: Linear Algebra and Applications, Iowa State University.
- Linear and Multilinear Algebra Lecture, 2005 International Linear Algebra Society
- ILAS speaker, 2001 Canadian Mathematical Society Conference,
- Taussky-Todd Lecture, 1999 International Linear Algebra Society Conference,
Other Interesting Web Sites: